As warmer weather comes around so do pests. While everyone begins their Spring Cleaning we recommend incorporating pest-proofing to your Spring Cleaning List!
You can expect to see an increase in spiders, ants, centipedes, millipedes, sowbugs, pillbugs and beetles as the temperature increases.
Tips to prevent pest problems in and around your home
- Proper sealing of interior and exterior cracks will help to prevent pests from entering your home. Look for small gaps around pipes and electrical lines.
- Make sure your door seals and window screens are tightly fitted. Repair any damaged weather stripping.
- Keeping your yard and lawn well groomed will help keep pests away. Eliminate moisture sites and prevent over watering.
- Do not have clutter stored up against your home as it can be a harborage for pests.
- Do not store firewood against your home and store firewood away from the house.
- Trim your branches and bushes away from your home as this can create an access route for pests to travel into your home.
- Wooden wet planter boxes or rotted tree stumps are ideal conditions for pests to nest.
- Keep your basement, attics and crawl spaces well ventilated and dry.
- Store your garbage in tightly sealed containers.
- Keep food in tightly sealed containers and clean up any spills right away.
- Discover the JAPCO difference and call us Today!
Contact JAPCO Pest Control our trained technicians are here to eliminate your pest problems today!
1 877 755 2726 | www.japco.ca