As the Holiday season approaches here are some useful rodent tips as you are decking the halls! The Christmas Holiday season is a time for parties, decorating, eggnog and cheer and
Bah humbug to MICE!
“One of the oldest Christmas Yuletide poems”
‘Twas the night before Christmas, when all thro’ the house,
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse’
CHECK OFF LIST
- Christmas trees can come with some unwelcomed guests. When you bring your new tree home, examine it before you bring it inside. Mice and other pests might be living in the tree.
- When unpacking decorations, inspect them outdoors before bringing them inside.
- Store your holiday decorations in plastic airtight containers.
- Food Decorations are very appealing to mice and provide mice with a food source.
- Mice will use paper as shredding materials to construct their nests. Presents are ideal for this use.
- Santa is not the only one that will take advantage of the milk and cookies you leave out.
- Make sure your home is Rodent proofed. Seal all holes and cracks in and around the home that are larger than ¼ in diameter. JAPCO Door seals are ideal for this use.
- Keep garages, attics and basements clean and clutter free.
- If storing food in your garage, please ensure your food is placed in sealed plastic containers.
Getting rid of mice isn’t easy. If you bring mice into your house, you’ll need to hire a professional pest control company to get rid of them.
Don’t let mice walk away with your Christmas call JAPCO Pest Control today to ensure you don’t have mice for the Holiday Season!
We hope you and your loved ones have a happy, safe and pest-free holiday season!